Friday, November 10, 2006

City 2.0

We are living in a 2.0 word, everything has a label of 2.0, web2.0, wap2.0 etc. Now, I heard a new world city 2.0

Yesterday, a friend of mine told me that her research topic for next year is "City2.0". City2.0? I wonder what is the new version of city? A city has no transportation? A city with airlines as the means of transportantion?

City2.0, according to my friend is going to research on people's behavior with mobile, internet ect. in urban areas, especially when people at move. So city 2.0 is the extension of web2.0 and wap2.0. People at constantly mobility.

Do we really live in a era that people are so busy that they have to access to the internet or mobile while moving?

According to what I see in Beijing. Yes. So maybe we are not live in Beijing, but a city build on the internet and networks of mobile. That's Beijing 2.0